Carousel Item (Hero Carousel)
Adding a Hero Carousel Item will automatically create a carousel on your homepage. We recommend having four (4) carousel items published at one time.
If you have more than four (4) carousel items, you will need to un-publish some of them or it will break the display.
You may have only one Hero Carousel Item per site, and you can put it in any region on any or all pages.
How to Create a Hero Carousel Item:
- Click "Manage" in the top bar
- Click "Content"
- Click "Add content"
- Select "Carousel Item" from the top of the list. This will create a "Hero Carousel"
- The "Title" text area creates a title that is shown on the Carousel Item and the summary area below. The titles above are "Sample Carousel Item #1," "Sample Carousel Item #2," and "Sample Carousel Item #3," selecting the title will take the user to that slide on the carousel.
- The "Short Summary" section is where you can create a brief explanation of what the carousel displays
- The "Call to Action" text area allows you to insert the text you would like to have appear for a link. The "URL" text area is where you would like the text to link to. This is shown on the Sample above as "Call to Action." More information about links can be found here.
How to add a Hero Carousel Item to a region and page(s) on your site:
- Go to Structure > Blocks.
- Find the Block named "View: Hero Carousel: Hero Block." It may be at the bottom of the page under Disabled, or it may already be published on your site.
- Click Configure.
- Specify the region you would like your hero carousel to appear in (typically featured content).
- Then specify the pages you would like your hero carousel to appear on (in the show block on specific pages field).
How to Edit an Existing Carousel Item:
- Navigate to Manage > Content
- Select the "Type: Carousel Item"
- Click "Apply"
- Click "Edit" next to the item
- Make changes
How to Reorder Carousel Items:
- Navigate to the Carousel's page
- Hover over carousel slider
- Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner
- Click "Order view"
- Drag to correct order
- Title: Title of the slide
- Short Summary: Summary of the slide and call to action
- Call to action: Title of the link
- URL: Link location
- Slide Image: Image for the carousel slide
- Alternate text: Summary of image that is read by screen readers